Have you always wanted to learn a new language? How about 20 of them? Joining me today is someone who retired ex-diplomat, who has 50 years of travel under his belt, and who speaks 20 languages, Steve Kaufmann from lingq.com.
What language(s) do you want to learn? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
In This Episode
- 02:10 The Language Learning Beginnings
- 05:45 How To Make Your Brain More Flexible
- 08:15 Best Ways To Learn A Language
- 15:40 Lingq Language Learning
- 19:20 Is Isolated Vocab Necessary?
- 21:40 Comprehension & Tenses
- 24:40 How Long Does It Take To Learn A Language
- 28:45 How Important Is Immersion
- 32:35 How To Decide Which Languages To Learn
- 34:15 Which Languages Did He Give Up On
- 36:30 Learning Multiple Languages At Once & Losing What You've Learned
- 40:50 The Extensive Travel Life
- 42:55 Top of List Destinations
- 43:40 Diplomat Life & Living Anywhere
- 47:50 Travel Stories & Mishaps