Joining me today is someone who since 2005 has hitchhiked across 95 countries, including Afghanistan and Iraq, to document hospitality and fight stereotypes and who has written a book about it called Hitchhiking in the Axis of Evil, Juan Villarino from JuanVillarino.com.
Have you ever hitchhiked? Where is your dream hitchhiking location? Let us know by tagging us in a post on Instagram at @ExtraPackofPeanuts.
Check out the full show notes with all the links here!
In This Episode
- 02:30 Hitchhiking In Modern Times
- 10:35 Home Basing To Write A Book
- 12:40 Easiest & Hardest Places To Hitchhike
- 18:15 Building Authentic Connections Through Hitchhiking
- 23:10 The Rules Of Hitchhiking & Being A Good Hitchhiker
- 33:15 Solo vs With A Friend
- 36:15 Hitchhiking in the States
- 47:45 The Real Hospitality Of The People In The "Axis of Evil"
- 01:01:45 Biggest Travel Mishap